Volunteer Bid Writer
Volunteers are a highly valued resource at SWACA and by volunteering with us, you can help make a positive impact on women, children and young people who are affected by domestic abuse in your local area.
We are looking for two enthusiastic and skilled volunteer bid writers to join our committed team and help us continue offering our support services. Sadly, demand for our services is increasing and funding is essential in order for us to meet this demand.
By applying your skills and experience you can make a real difference and be a central part of a friendly and passionate charity.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, in this role your primary objective will be to prepare and submit bids for critical funding on behalf of the charity.
Key skills, experience and qualities
- An interest in supporting those affected by domestic abuse
- Some knowledge of charity funding and experience of writing successful funding bids
- An understanding of donor requirements and how to demonstrate these in applications
- Excellent written communication skills
- An organised and self-motivated personality
- Happy to carry out tasks independently and as part of a team
- Access to a computer and the internet at home and be comfortable using them
- Be able to commit to volunteering regularly to suit your availability with occasional attendance at meetings
- Opportunities to attend bid writing development courses
- Opportunities to develop knowledge of SWACA’s services through in-house training
Time commitment involved
- Flexible hours to suit
- Attendance at quarterly bid writing group meetings
Work from home.
You will be directly supervised by the Chief Executive and should report to them if you have any questions or concerns.
- Use your skills and experience to contribute to the success of our charity and make a positive difference within Sefton
- Meet like-minded people and enjoy being part of a team
- Enhance your CV by developing new skills and gaining valuable experience
- We’ll provide you with a reference for your future work or volunteering
- We provide out-of-pocket travel expenses
- Researching and identifying funding bodies with potential to benefit our charity
- Coordinating, writing and submitting funding bids
- Developing relationships with existing and potential funders
- Contacting trusts and foundations on the phone or by email
- Maintaining a database of funding trusts and foundations
- Keeping up to date with developments in the funding sector
- You may be occasionally asked to attend committee meetings as part of this role