Worried someone is experiencing domestic abuse?
Here’s how you can help…
- Offer them a safe space where they can talk
- Listen to them and acknowledge that they are in a difficult situation
- Allow them to talk at their own pace but remember – respect their decision if they don’t want to talk
- Offer to help them access support or information from key agencies e.g. domestic abuse services, police etc.
- Be supportive without judgement or blame
If you are concerned about someone who is or may be experiencing domestic abuse, you can…
- Contact SWACA
- Call the 24hr National Domestic Abuse Helpline on 0808 2000 247
- Go to a chemist and ask for ANI